What it is and why it matters!
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the capacity to recognise, form, and draw inferences from data, shown by machines rather than by humans or animals.
Five AI technologies that you need to know
Artificial intelligence is a big topic, that can be divided into 5 main macro-areas:
Navigating the world of Artificial Intelligence (AI) can be tricky, even for experienced tech professionals. That is why Ibertech Solutions has appointed an expert team of AI professionals dedicated to helping you embrace and benefit from the latest AI innovations. Ibertech Solutions offers a wide range of technological support and consultancy services that can support organisations in their AI journey. The team is highly knowledgeable and experienced in supporting the implementation of AI solutions, from developing use cases to launching in-production solutions. We understand that not all organisations have the necessary skills and tools in house to get started with AI initiatives. That is why our experts work with customers to understand and assess their needs before providing a tailored solution to meet their individual requirements. In addition to providing end-to-end AI services, we offer pre- and post-implementation support and mentorship for organisations to maximize the success of their AI technologies. This includes training and development services, along with helpful resources to help organisations use, maintain and build upon their AI solutions. If you’re looking to get help with your AI journey, Ibertech Solutions has the experience and expertise to help. Get in touch with us today and find out more about what we can do for you.
- Text AIIt is AI that can greatly benefit businesses; such as machine translation, text recognition, and speech-to-text conversion.Contrary to the normal knowledge base relying on keyword searching, an AI-powered one can discover the doc with the pertinent answer even if it doesn’t include all keywords. This is due to semantic search and NLP (Natural Language Processing), which let AI build semantic maps and realise synonyms to make sense of the user’s enquiry.
- Visual AIThanks to Visual AI, which relates to computer vision and augmented reality, businesses can scan, identify and label objects or extract insights from pictures and videos. It is a great tool for a multitude of applications, from security cameras to waste management, equipment and facility upkeep to car damage recognition and estimate.
- Interactive AIAI that is interactive is core to automating business – leading to quicker communication, (being able to be accessed 24 /7), that is still high-quality. Through machine and deep learning, computers are enabled to reply to certain queries and comprehend circumstances of a conversation.
- Analytic AIAnalytic AI is closely linked to machine learning and deep learning technology. It examines large datasets to identify patterns and connections, and provides insights or forecasts future developments. This is essential for business decision-making which should be driven by data.
- Functional AIFunctional AI is very similar to analytic AI – it also scans huge amounts of data and searches for patterns and dependencies in it. However, instead of giving recommendations, functional AI takes actions. For instance, being the part of the IoT cloud, it can spot a machine-breakdown pattern in the sensor data received from a certain machine, and trigger a command to turn this machine off.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of artificial intelligence?
Advantages of AI
- Reduction in Human Error
- Zero Risks
- 24×7 Accessibility
- Digital Support
- Impartial Decisions
- Carrying Out Repetitive Tasks
- Everyday Uses
Disadvantages of AI
- Not Creative
- Causes Unemployment.
- Makes People Lazy
- No Ethics
- No Improvement
- All machines degrade with time
What are examples of AI technology and how is it used today?
Artificial Intelligence technology is an awe-inspiring tool used across a wide range of sectors, from automobiles to healthcare, to name but a few. Examples of AI technology range from robotic process automation and machine learning to natural language processing and facial recognition. In 2020, the use of AI technology seems endless, with the technology already being implemented in a diverse range of areas. Robotic process automation (RPA) is one of the most successful examples of AI technology. RPA automates highly repetitive tasks by taking human labor out of the equation. This helps to improve informational accuracy, increase productivity and reduce costs, and is typically applied to processes such as data entry, tracking and developing reports. Machine learning is another form of AI technology which helps to improve automated decision-making. When using machine learning, machines use data to become smarter over time. This helps them interpret information, learn from it and then use it to make decisions. For example, machine learning is used in customer service, financial lending and fraud detection applications. Natural language processing (NLP) uses AI technology to interpret and understand language. It has applications in both written and spoken language contexts, such as chatbots, voice recognition, and automated sentence translations. NLP provides an artificial intelligence-powered ‘understanding’ of human communication, making complex interactions easier to manage and automate. Finally, facial recognition technology is one of the most widely used AI tools. This technology is used by many businesses to enhance security and provide facial authentication. Its applications range from granting access to secure facilities to unlocking smartphones. In summary, AI technology is a powerful tool, which is changing the way we interact with the world. Examples include robotic process automation, machine learning, natural language processing and facial recognition. AI technology is being applied in countless ways today, most of which can help to improve efficiency, accuracy and cost-effectiveness.
Getting Help with Your AI Journey
At Ibertech Solutions, we understand that not all organisations have the necessary skills and tools in house to get started with AI initiatives. That is why our experts work with customers to understand and assess their needs before providing a tailored solution to meet their individual requirements. In addition to providing end-to-end AI services, we offer pre- and post-implementation support and mentorship for organisations to maximize the success of their AI technologies. This includes training and development services, along with helpful resources to help organisations use, maintain and build upon their AI solutions. If you’re looking to get help with your AI journey, Ibertech Solutions has the experience and expertise to help. Contact us today and find out more about what we can do for you.